SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #11
FOR: TROPICAL STORM #AmangPH
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 11:00 PM, 17 JANUARY 2015
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5AM tomorrow)
TROPICAL STORM “#AmangPH” HAS SLIGHTLY WEAKENED AFTER IT MADE LANDFALL OVER DOLORES EASTERN SAMAR AND IS NOW MOVING TOWARDS BICOL REGION.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 20 mm per hour (heavy - intense) within the 400 km diameter of the Tropical Storm.
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas of the provinces with PSWS#2 and #1 are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Ocean waves may reach up to 6.5 meters within the 400 km diameter of the storm.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the seaboards of Luzon, Visayas and the eastern seaboard of Mindanao.
• Public Storm Warning signals elsewhere are now lifted.
• The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions.
Location of eye/center At 10:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Storm “AMANG” was estimated based on all available data including Virac and Cebu Doppler Radars in the vicinity of Catarman, Northern Samar (12.5°N, 124.7°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of 85 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 100 kph
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move Northwest at 15 kph.
Forecast Positions • 24 hour (Tomorrow evening): 125 km Northeast Infanta, Quezon.
• 48 hour (Monday evening): 115 km East Northeast of Aparri, Cagayan.
• 72 hour (Tuesday evening): 265 km East Northeast of Basco, Batanes.
Catanduanes, Albay, Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Southern Quezon Incl. Polillo Island, Sorsogon, Masbate, Burias Island Incl. Ticao Island, Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar and Biliran.
Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Batangas, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Aurora, Quirino, Isabela, Rest of Quezon, Marinduque, Oriental Mindoro and Romblon, Leyte, Extreme Northern Cebu Incl. Bantayan Island and Camotes Island.
Chat Conversation End